How Flooring Impacts Resale Value of a HomeMarch 19, 2020
How To Clean & Sanitize Your CountertopsApril 17, 2020
Kitchen cabinets are exposed to grease and moisture throughout the day. As the mess builds up, cabinets can become stained and grimy. Cleaning your cabinets regularly will help keep them looking their best. Cabinets need gentle cleaning, as harsh chemicals and stiff brushes can remove your cabinet’s finish and paint over time.
How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets
To clean your cabinets, follow this procedure:
- Apply cleaning product to a microfiber cloth or a sponge.
- Wipe down the cabinets with a gentle circular motion.
- Dry the cabinets with a dry microfiber cloth.
Cleaning Wood Versus Painted Cabinets
The materials that your kitchen cabinets are made from can impact the way your cabinets are cleaned. Clean wood cabinets with all-purpose orange oil cleaner for a shiny finish. Oil orange cleaner conditions wood, which prevents it from drying out or fading. Clean painted cabinets with a mixture of one part vinegar to one part water.
Greasy cabinets may need to be cleaned with a degreaser, but check the manufacturer’s instructions before using any cleaning products on wood or paint, as some harsh products can be damaging.
- Use touch up paint or a touch up kit to remove scratches or blemishes.
- Never use paint thinner or solvents to clean your cabinets.
- Dry cabinets after washing to prevent the water from soaking in.
- Spot treat stains throughout the week to keep your cabinets looking their best.
Thinking Of New Cabinets? Contact Von Tobel
Are your cabinets looking shabby? Maybe it’s time for a makeover. Visit a Von Tobel showroom to see our selection of kitchen cabinets for every style. Request a free design consultation on our website.