Lumber & Building Supplies
For Indiana Contractors & Homeowners
We supply quality building materials for new construction and remodeling projects.
Our 100% employee owned business is built on a solid foundation of core values that drives the company’s behavior and decision-making.
We add value to the building products we sell by employing a knowledgeable and friendly team of professionals. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding level of customer service.
Our goal is to treat our customers in such a way that they will always choose Von Tobel for their projects, no matter how big or small.
Our company started doing business in Francesville, Indiana in 1905.
- 1959 – The business expanded to Lafayette, Indiana.
- 1965 – the Valparaiso, Indiana location was opened.
- 1980 – we added Warehouse Carpets to the Valparaiso location.
- 1987 – The Michigan City store was added.
- 1996 – The Schererville, Indiana store was added.
- 2007 – Warehouse Carpets merged into the Valparaiso operation.
- 1999 – The Von Tobel Family sold 30% of the Von Tobel Corporation ownership to its employees and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) was established.
- 2002 – The Von Tobel Family sold the balance of the Company to the employees creating a 100% employee owned company.
The primary purpose of this plan is to enable participating employees of the Von Tobel Corporation to share in the growth and prosperity of the company.
It is Von Tobel’s mission to be the premier supplier of building materials to the professional contractor and the consumer. We provide quality merchandise and services, consistent with the demands of the marketplace, at competitive prices.
We will honor God and apply Christian Principles to the day-to-day management of Von Tobel.
It is our vision to always be responsible to our customers. In meeting customers’ needs, everything we do must be of high quality and total satisfaction.
We will serve customers promptly, accurately and with integrity. We will maintain low operating costs to give the customer a fair competitive price.