Outside Contractor Sales- Michigan CitySeptember 12, 2018
Truck Driver (CLASS B CDL)- ValparaisoSeptember 12, 2018
Von Tobel is seeking a full-time yard/receiving person for our Lafayette, IN location. Our ideal candidate will able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Unloading and verifying shipments of products that are delivered from vendor packing lists and/or internal purchase order records
- Build lumber loads for delivery
- Check quality and accuracy of products received
- Perform basic research on product discrepancies
- Receives, examines and processes all returns in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining inventory
- Loading delivery trucks
- Assist customers and delivery drivers
- Operates forklift
- Keeps management apprised of any delays or discrepancies
- Keeps lumber yard clean, well organized and safe
- Other duties assigned as necessary
- 2+ years experience in shipping, receiving or inventory control experience
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Forklift experience a must
- Familiar with building materials including lumber species
- Previous experience in a lumber yard a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Detailed oriented and the ability to work with numbers
- Ability to work outdoors
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must take and pass a drug test and post offer physical assessment
- Must consent to a background check
- We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We provided a competitive compensation and benefit package including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Plus our stores are closed on Sunday. We offer a family oriented culture that encourages fun!
If you are looking for more than just a job and enjoy helping customers, apply today.
Job Type: Full-time