Von Tobel is seeking a full-time Lumber Sales Associate for our Valparaiso location. We are a 100% employee-owned, growth oriented company that has over 50 years of experience servicing the professional contractor, the remodeling contractor and Do-It-Yourself customers.
- Estimate materials and costs on a wide variety of building materials and millwork products
- Services customers either at the sales counter or on the phone
- Follow up on quotes to secure the sale
- Sourcing special order products
- Sales Associate to coordinate deliveries with our dispatcher to have products delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Stocking products and maintaining sales floor displays
- This is a “whatever it takes to get the job done” type of position and will need to perform other duties as assigned
- Successful candidate must be a self-motivated team player with strong communication and math skills along with having a commitment to excellent customer service.
- 2-3 years of Building Materials Sales experience preferred
- Familiar with Andersen and/or Marvin products preferred
- Dedicated to learning new products and applications
- Ability to read blue prints a plus
- Excellent computer skills; ability to learn and utilize a wide variety of computer programs
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
We provided a competitive compensation and benefit package including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Plus our stores are closed on Sunday. We offer a family oriented culture that encourages fun!
If you are looking for more than just a job and enjoy helping customers, apply today.