Von Tobel Lumber and Hardwareis seeking a full-time yard Delivery Driverfor our Lafayette location. We are a 100% employee-owned, growth oriented company that has over 50 years of experience servicing the professional contractor, the remodeling contractor and do-it-yourself customers.
- Safely operates a variety of delivery trucks to include: flat bed, box and boom trucks
- Loads and unloads trucks
- Assist customers
- Operates forklift
- Keeps management apprised of any delays or discrepancies
- Keeps lumber yard and vehicles clean, well organized and safe
- This is a “whatever it takes to get the job done” type of position and will need to perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Chauffeur “For Hire” license required
- Clean driving record
- Boom or crane experience a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Familiar with building materials including lumber species a plus
- Previous experience in a lumber yard a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work outdoors
- Must take and pass a drug test and pre-employment assessment
- Must consent to a background check
We provided a competitive compensation and benefit package. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Plus our stores are closed on Sunday. We offer a family oriented culture that encourages fun!
If you are looking for more than just a job and enjoy helping customers, apply today or stop by our location at 319 N. Earl Ave to complete an application or call (765)448-1525 for more information.