Von Tobel offers quality building supplies to professional contractors and homeowners for new construction and remodeling projects. Von Tobel is a 100% employee owned business built on a solid foundation of core values that drives the company’s behavior and decision-making.
Von Tobel is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to work out of our corporate office in Valparaiso, IN. The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: bookkeeping, bank reconciliation, payroll processing and other projects as assigned. This position will work closely with the management team and will report directly to the CFO.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling bank accounts.
- Prepares, reviews and processes payroll for approx. 200 employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Supports the CFO by performing various accounting functions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Maintains and organizes company records and files, both paper and electronic.
- Administrative duties for fleet of trucks and forklifts.
- Provides administrative support as needed for Human Resources.
- Back-up to a variety of administrative office roles as needed.
· 2+ years accounting & administrative office experience, preferably with experience as direct support role to Controller or CFO.
· Strong knowledge of general accounting principles.
· Strong analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for data interpretation and reporting.
· Proficient in Excel (creating and modifying spreadsheets, tables, formulas, etc.).
· Proficient in MS Office applications and able to quickly learn other computer programs.
· Must be able to work efficiently with strong attention to detail.
· Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
· Strong communication skills with ability to work well with all levels of employees.
· Able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug screen.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package including our Employee Stock Ownership Plan along with a family-oriented culture.