3 Things To Consider Before Choosing Kitchen CabinetsSeptember 17, 2019
Kitchen Design Trends For 2020January 11, 2020
What Makes Festool So Special?
Diehard Festool fans include professional contractors doing detailed carpentry, weekend warrior craftsmen and craftswomen, and serious DIYers. Sometimes people ask us what makes these tools so special. Here are four things we tell them:
- Festool products are German engineered. A lot of time and money goes into the research and development of each product. By the time your tool gets to you, it’s been tested and perfected to meet Festool’s very high internal quality standards.
- Only select dealers carry Festool products. You can’t find them in big box stores. In Northwestern Indiana, Von Tobel is the only store that sells Festool. We have access to their entire line of products and accessories. Non-stocked items can be delivered to the store within a week. Each of our locations has a great display where you can check out the products and features for yourself.
- When you purchase a Festool product at Von Tobel, we’ll go over general use and care of each item. We’ll also introduce you to a variety of online Festool resources, where you can access their library of helpful how-to videos.
- We offer a tool repair service. Festool and Von Tobel stand behind every tool we sell. If your tool is within three years of purchase and still under warranty, bring it to us and we’ll send it to Festool for repairs. Once they get it, they promise a 24-hour turnaround. Even if your tool is out of warranty, you can still get it repaired. Festool will give you a quote for the repair. If you want to go ahead with it, they still promise a 24- to 48-hour turnaround.
A Look At Some Festool Fan Favorites
- The Festool DOMINO Joining System
Festool engineered the DOMINO joining system to help make the slow, difficult joining process much easier. The DOMINO joiner features a revolutionary cutting method, simple indexing features, and adjustable mortise sizing to make flawless mortises every time.
- DOMINO XL: When Bigger Is Better
Large scale joinery can be challenging. Stationary machines can occupy a large amount of floor space, can be quite expensive to buy, and require a lot of setup and upkeep. They also often force you to bring the material to the tool. The DOMINO XL, a larger version of the original DOMINO, tackles these issues. It’s simple to use, fast and accurate, and light and nimble enough for use anywhere in the shop or job site.
- The Festool Track Saw
With its accuracy and versatility, the Festool TS stacks up against the most advanced table saws, miter saws or panel saws available. Add in its portability and ease of use, and you have a unique precision-cutting solution. The TS also offers micro-adjustable depth controls and a flat housing for flush-cutting against walls or adjacent surfaces. When used with guide rails, you can achieve straight, splinter-free cuts. Festool has also included many built-in features to make using the TS as safe as possible.
- The Rotex Sander
The design of this multipurpose sander allows you to sand a large area without fatigue, and in a near dust-free environment when used in conjunction with a Festool CT vacuum. The Rotex offers a “multi-mode,” allowing you to move seamlessly between rough sanding and final finishing. You can equip your Rotex with polishing pads, sponges, felt or sheepskin to easily remove wood, paint, or varnish and get a gleaming finish. With some models, you can exchange the round pad for a triangular pad (no tools required) to reach deep into corners and crevices. The Rotex is well-balanced, lightweight, and free of vibrations. It allows you to shave hours off sanding, and achieve astonishing results quickly and easily.
Pick Out Your Festool At Von Tobel
Experience the unmatched excellence of Festool for yourself. Visit a Von Tobel near you and ask us about our selection of Festool products today.